Saturday, May 29, 2010

EDM613 Wk4 Project Post - Publishing Assignment Part 3

I’ve decided to send my report to the Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education. I chose this one because it really spoke to my AR report. One of the categories the journal looks for is research, specifically research supporting technology use in schools that will affect the training of computer-using teachers. I hope to reiterate the importance of utilizing the computer as a tool to communicate with the world. Teachers need to discover the world of social networking as it can enhance their classroom.

After deciding to go with this journal, I had to rewrite my article to slant it more toward teacher in-service computer education, rather than just a reflection on my AR report. This made the editing process a little difficult because my report was in a format that outlined my project. I peeled away different aspects of the report and replaced them with insights into why teachers should incorporate my ideas into their curriculum.

I knew my article was going to seem biased, so I didn’t worry about that. Instead, I tried to support my opinions with research, data and structured hypothesis. I really tried to pretend I was attempting to persuade the teachers at my school, in hopes that would establish the correct tone. This will be my first splash into academic publishing, and I am nervous.

As I stated in an early blog, I am a creative writer, so this assignment has scared me since I found out about it. I feel I painted the picture I wanted to communicate. I think readers will understand what I’ve done and be able to appreciate my ideas. I hope the editors feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment