Thursday, October 1, 2009

BP2_2009101_Getting_Started_With_Blogger

     The five initial RSS feeds I chose to follow all center around technology and its relationship with the classroom.  I am an English teacher, but have 4o computers in my room.  I try to incorporate them in as many lesson plans as possible, but many times am hindered by firewalls.  I am always intrigued with new technology as I am one of the loudest proponents of it at my school.

     The feed Educational Technology is an almost informal conversation about technology and its many uses.  While many of the posts pertain to web 2.0 tools, there are others about the political implications of technology.  This feed will allow me to search for web 2.0 tools that I could use in my class.

     Free Technology for Teachers is a feed that points teachers toward great opportunities.  There are many examples of lesson plans and web 2.0 tool creations posted and explained.  This feed will allow me to use what others have done as an inspiration.  What’s nice is that it will also show me what applications they used to create them.

     Moving at the Speed of Creativity is a feed that focuses on harnessing technology for creative purposes.  The posts in this feed help explain how to use applications and other tools to create.  While the other feeds are more about usage and how students could leverage the tools, this feed is all about creating end products.  Many of the posts highlighted how to make teaching more entertaining by using the tools.  This feed will help me to liven up my lectures, by demonstrating different ways to communicate my information.

     Digital Education is a feed that focuses on the promotion of using technology to enrich education. It has many posts on how technology has been utilized to make gains in the educational system.  This feed will help me justify the need for computers in other classes at my school and the need to develop updated computer class curriculums.

     And finally, Lesson Planet Articles offers good-old-fashion lesson plans for teachers.  There are posts for every subject and grade level.  This feed will help me fine-tune my current lesson plans and show me different perspectives on teaching the same topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment